The Listen Ear™ Personal Noise Dose Meter (PED-0828) offers a new approach to Personal Sound Exposure Meters (PSEMs)
With the long term effects of noise harm now better understood and employers facing legal action for failing to provide adequate protection, damage to hearing from noisy workplaces is governed by ever more stringent Health & Safety at work regulations in most countries.
The Listen Ear™ – Personal Noise Dose Meter provides constant monitoring of a worker’s environment and warns the wearer when they approach, or exceed their daily permitted safe dose. A clear LCD display allows for the easy view of instantaneous noise level and total noise exposure and with the addition of an optional external microphone the Listen Ear™ Personal Noise Dose Meter can also be worn under protective clothing.
Containing a Class 2 sound level meter, temperature and humidity sensors in a compact design, Listen Ear™ produces a daily report of the work environment logging Sound, Temperature, Humidity and Movement. Data is available to download as a simple text file for viewing on a PC. An optional App lets you configure, control and monitor Listen Ear™ via Mobile Application connectivity.
This revolutionary design simulates the effect of wearing ear defenders and contains A, C & Z-weighting filters to mimic the frequencies heard by the human ear. The battery time of 160 hours gives you 4 working weeks of use, helping employers and employees comply to the ‘Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 (UK)’.
Noise Protection is now “Category III PPE” – Protect your employees to ensure they are not exposed above the occupational health and safety legal noise pollution limits.
Listen Ear™ Noise Dose Meters monitor for employee exposure to noise throughout the working day, letting them know when the Occupational Health and Safety Legal Noise Protection Limit has been reached. For employers this affordable Personal Noise Dose Meter is a cost effective way to avoid expensive compensation claims for industrial hearing loss.
Typical Compensation Claims
(Source: Beemhurst & Co Survey 2020) *
Slight hearing loss
£2,200 to £5,700
Hearing loss with tinnitus
£5,400 to £34,000
Complete hearing loss
£64,000 to £94,000
Protect yourself. Protect your employees. Make a SOUND investment in workplace Health & Safety compliance. Hearing – it’s your loss.
- Compact and light weight design to clip on during the working day (now with Klick Fast option).
- Complies to the ‘Control of Noise at Work Regulations 2005 (UK)’ and international standards: IEC 61672-1, IEC 61252.
- View instantaneous noise level and total exposure of the day on clear LCD display.
- Mobile phone app lets you configure, control and monitor Listen Ear™ via Mobile Application connectivity.
- Battery time 160 hours / 4 working weeks between recharges.
- Charged using USB.
- Two simultaneous dosimeters in one.
- Each Dosimeter (in the one unit) can measure DOSE according to pre-set (ISO, OSHA, NIOSH) or your custom criteria (Exchange Rate, Level, Threshold) for World standards comparisons, in one time recording session.
- Produce a daily report and stats of the work environment.
- Default 8 hour day, adjustable in menu.
- Tamper proof facility.
- Low power radio function – base station mounting.
- Bright green / amber / red LED real time dose alarm warning.
- Contains A, C and Z-weighting filters to mimic the frequencies heard by the human ear.
- Built in or optional external microphone.
- Patented Knock and Vibration Cancelling Technology (Patent No: GB 2 551 724).
- Simulate the effect of wearing ear defenders.
- Calibrated during manufacture.
- Records sound / temperature / humidity / movement with data logging.
- Data downloadable in an open format (.csv) for simple integration to reporting tools.
- Adjustable data logging time – continuous up to 144h (6 days).
- No USB drivers required to download data.
- Class 2 sound level meter.
- Motion detection with movement and orientation monitor.
- Records temperature and relative humidity.
- Can be used as a standalone temperature / humidity data logger.
- Multi-language user interface.
- Delivered pre-calibrated and with a USB cable for re-charging.
- Available in grey, black or white.
- Range of accessories available.
The Listen Ear™ can be controlled by an android application. The app allows starting and stopping a measurement, displaying the current measurement results and time history graph.
Easy to use
Browse through our “how to” animated guides below.
Switching on and switching off the Listen Ear™ – Personal Noise Dose Meter
Setting-up Pages on the Listen Ear™ – Personal Noise Dose Meter
Connecting an External Microphone to the Listen Ear™ – Personal Noise Dose Meter
Accessing Reports and History Files on the Listen Ear™ – Personal Noise Dose Meter
Setting-up Alerts on the Listen Ear™ – Personal Noise Dose Meter
Setting-up Ear Defenders on the Listen Ear™ – Personal Noise Dose Meter
Certificates and standards
IEC 61672: 1993
Class 2 Sound Level Meter
IEC 61252: 1993
Personal Sound Exposure Meter
Complies with the Directive on low voltage 73/23/CEE and Directive CEM 89/336/CEE modified by 93/68/CEE.
70dB to 140dB
Over Load detector flag
Slow (1s), Fast (1/8s)
0% to 9999%
3dB, 4dB, 5dB, 6dB
Criterion Level for 100% Dose
75 to 90dBA (in 5 dB Increments)
None, 80db, 90dB
Up to 2
Ear defender SNR range
5dB to 45dB
SPL, LEQ, LEX8h, LAVG,TWA, LMIN, LMAX, Dose (%), Projected Dose (%,8h)
-40 ̊C to +80 ̊C
0% – 100% RH
3 axis, 10s detection time
Accessible by micro USB cable using PC – no drivers required.
Pre-polarised condenser microphone
As above + proprietary USB interface
Summary results for the measurement time
Reports: *.txt, history: *.csv
Time history at intervals
10s, 30s, 1m, 5m, 10m
Temperature and humidity
Number of events, summary time
LCD, 128×128, backlit for 6s after keypress
Two multifunction buttons
Multicolour ‘info LED’
Non removable Lithium-Polymer
3.7V / 550mAh
2mA (avg), 20mA (max)
1h (no motion, not recording)
Micro USB, up to 200mA
Up to 160 hours / 4 working weeks (depending on features enabled)
Dimensions, weight, appearance
Size (H x W x D) including clip
83mm x 52mm x 19mm
White, Grey, Black
0 ̊C to +50 ̊C
Up to 90% RH, non-condensing
-10 ̊C to +60 ̊C
Up to 90% RH, non-condensing